I mentor and advise organisations and their leaders, particularly on issues relating to innovation, strategy and change.
Becoming a non executive Board Member, particularly in organisations that are facing a period of change. These include:
- Trustee of Legal Response Initiative 2015-date
- Non-executive Board Member of British Antarctic Survey 2012-2014
- Non-executive Director of Z-Tech Ltd 2010-2012
- Trustee of The Climate Coalition. 2005-2010
“Many thanks indeed for all your efforts.. it has made a significant difference and is greatly appreciated by all.”
1:1 Mentoring for senior managers and board members. For example:
- Providing a safe and creative space for the head of R&D of a European multinational to think about how to implement their new strategic intent to become the greenest business in their sector.
- Coaching a Technical Director in how to increase his personal impact and influence in Board meetings.
- Advising the Executive Director of a leading environmental charity
“Thank you very much for mentoring me. These sessions have been more helpful than perhaps you realise.”
I am a member of various advisory and policy panels, for example:
- Member of the advisory panel of the Carbon Trust 2016-date
- Member of the Innovation Policy Panel of the Institution of Engineering and Technology 2014-date
- Member of the Policy Fellows Network at the Centre for Science and Policy 2012-date.
I am theme editor on ideation and creativity for the RADMA website: Afree resource for Research and Development practitioners.